Friday, October 4, 2019

A Modern Christmas

Even though I can't believe it, it's October 4.  Since it is the first of October, we have new Frantic Stamper stamps, dies and stencils to share with you.  This month the release is called A Modern Christmas and, I think you are going to like it, I know I sure do!

My first card features Mod Trees (FRA-DIE10721), Mod Trees Backdrop (FRA-DIE-10720),  Snowflake Wreath stamp set (FRA-CL-138), Plaid Stencil (FRA-STN-32and Stitched Circles ((FRA-DIE-09637) from a previous release -


I started this card by stenciling a background using what I like to call the hit or miss technique.  All you do is stencil here and there randomly.  I cut out a piece using the circle dine.  I die cut the tree backdrop in different colors and the front from metallic paper.  The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed using silver embossing on patterned paper.  This was layered on to an A2 card blank along with a strip of the same metallic paper as shown above.   To finish things off a bow was tied with silver twine.  Pretty fast and easy thanks to the great centerpiece die!

The next card is an easel card made with thick acetate.  The dies used for this card are Lace Winged Angel (FRA-DIE-10711), Rejoice (FRA-DIE-10719), Reindeer Features (FRA-DIE-10712) and Scalloped Rectangles (FRA-DIE-10651) from a previous release -



I started this card by die cutting the angel, the poinsettia, Rejoice and the 2 scalloped rectangles. A bit of gold embossing powder was used on the panel just behind the angel.   I used the clear acetate for the panel underneath the front panel.  The card was glued in place as shown above.  The word rejoice is what hold the easel in place.  

The last card is a bridge card.  It features Wisemen Edger (FRA-DIE-10717), O Little Town of Bethlehem (FRA-DIE-10718) and Inverted Scallops (FRA-DIE-10652) and Reverse Cut Christmas Words (FRA-DIE-10708) from a previous release -

I put together a rather rough tutorial here so you can see how it was made.  I changed up the measurements to fit these particular dies and used the Inverted Scallops to create the frame.  This was very fun to make!


2 comments:

  1. Wow. these are lovely Brenda. the contemporary trees are great in those pretty colours. I love the intricate detail on Gabriel's wings and, it wouldn't be Christmas without the Three Wise Men xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful cards and all beautiful dies love the bridge card
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Blow Bubbles

I'm here to share a shaker card featuring one of my favorite Bunnies in new digital form,  Bunnies at Sea Digistamp !  This card went ...

Popular Posts