Friday, May 3, 2019

Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and TCP!

I'm so excited!  It's time for the -

I had such a good time playing along last Fall/Winter.  If you've never participated in this hop before, please consider it.  First off, some of the nicest people you could meet are involved.  From organizers ( they work so hard!) to hoppers, to sponsors, they are all so kind and generous.  Amy and the group work so hard on these hopes and the whole thing just gives me hope for the world...and all because of that wonder of wonders...COFFEE (or tea).  There are tons of fab prizes from the wonderful sponsors.  Speaking of wonderful sponsors, The Cat's Pajamas is returning as a Super Sponsor again!

Here's what I hope is my first card of several.  I have to admit, coffee and chocolate are two things very near to my heart.  For this sweet card, I have used The Cat's Pajamas Big Cups and This Could Be Vodka stamps set the Cups and Four Seasons Duo Dies -



As for the process, I stamped the cute kitty with Memento Toffee Crunch and used prismacolor pencils to color him up and a Scan N' Cut to cut him out.  I die cut all the frames and cup and used my paper trimmer to cut a square of pattern paper to throw in the mix.  I got out my sewing machine and did the shabby stitching on the front of a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 panel.  I planned the stitched square to be bigger than the frames yet small enough to allow for the sentiment.  If I had it to do over, I would have just stamped my sentiment first.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing, right?  I left the thread ends a little long to tie the bow.  I used a MISTI to stamp my sentiment using a very old Stampin' Up ink, Close to Cocoa (I told you it was old, it might even be considered vintage:).  Then I just piled up the square and frames until I got a look I was happy with.  I used a tiny attacher to staple them to the panel.  I popped up the image (after attaching the kitty to the cup) on some fun foam and adhered it kinda in the middle of the square, glued on a few coffee colored sequins.  The front panel was popped up on fun foam and glued to the card base.  I used my MISTI for positioning and it worked great!  This card is ready for the hop!

The hop will spread from May 3-10.  Here's the link to the blog and here's the link to the Facebook page!  Come on and join us!  Here are the other TCP designers playing along _
Alma@ The Cat's Pajamas
Beata

16 comments:

  1. Oh how cute -- I love the kitty peeking out of your cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and love the layered image and stitched frame---my mid morning pick-me-up chocolate dipped in chocolate -heaven lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you did the stitching for the frame and then tied in a bow!!
    what a fabulous design element. And the whole design is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO beyond adorable, Brenda. It's TOO cute.
    Thanks for sharing it. I love it.
    Blessings,
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwww...so cute. I love how you've colored him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card and fun sentiment and images. I like the framing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally sweet - cute kitten every! Want me a coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and the verse just made me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Fantastic layers... awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet and delightful. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my!! That kitty! Love your card! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #714 - Not A Card

It's time for another CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating something other than a card.  There are a...

Popular Posts