Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Skating Gnomes

 

 

This month's new release from The Cat's Pajamas has definitely inspired me to work on that Christmas card list and these little Skating Gnomes absolutely stole my heart.  I'm sharing 2 similar but different cards with you today.

 

 

For both cards I started with a watercolor paper and did some smooshing in colors that give an loose, icy feeling.  I cut the bases from colored cardstock and a bit of glittery paper to add some sparkle.  The gnomes and sentiments were printed and cut with a Silhouette and then colored with Copic markers.   Once the first Gnome was positioned on his background, a few sequins were placed as well as some Stickles added to the sentiment.

 

 

This second card was inspired by the Aurora Borealis which many people had a rare opportunity to see recently.  My son even got a picture in Iowa!  The card was made in the same manor, but this time I used several colors of ink for the smooching, drying the paper between applications.  It was finished off with some embossing powder and a few gems.  These were so much fun to make!

 

 

Here is the October release digi I used today -

 


Thanks so much for checking in!


Aloha,

Brenda

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Brenda, I love gnomes, they always make me smile { unless they are doing something really bad haha } love the backgrounds you created too, really cute cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful cards Brenda, love the backgrounds and cute gnomes.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and fun gnomes and awesome colouring Brenda and I love the backgrounds..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did the backgrounds on these, Brenda! It gives each card a cool, wintery feel, perfect for the festive gnomes that you've colored beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #738 - Anything Goes

It's time for another CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in an anything goes  challenge.   Our Spons...

Popular Posts