Friday, May 17, 2024

Blow Bubbles

I'm here to share a shaker card featuring one of my favorite Bunnies in new digital form, Bunnies at Sea Digistamp!  This card went through several iterations before I was happy with it.  

 

 

It was a pretty straight forward plan.  I cut and colored the Bunny (Prismacolor pencils) and his fishy friends.  Then I cut some "seaweed" and shaded it with inks using the Fall Foilage SVG/Digi along with some sand paper for the ocean bottom and mounted it all on a Gelli Plate print background from my stash .  This was adhered to the inside of a white card blank.

 

 

I cut the porthole (a retired TCP die) from metallic paper and a circle in the card strategically positioned over the bunny.  A traditional shaker element was created with layered acetate and cute little sea themed sequins.  This is what resulted -

 

 

This didn't match with the picture I had in my head, so (and I would recommend you do this before adding the shaker if you give it a try) I embossed some card, stained it with Frayed Burlap distress ink and cut it into planks.  I was able to add it fairly easily around the porthole and I was much happier with the result. 

 

 

A little ginger alcohol ink added to the metallic papers gave it a more aged/distressed look.  Finally the fun sentiment was printed, colored and layered onto "wood" and metallic scraps.  

 

Here are the fun TCP digital products I used for my project today -

 

 

3 comments:

  1. WOW Brenda, this is amazing, I love the effect you got from the porthole, its fabulous, the bunny made me smile right away but that shaker deal looks brilliant. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous shaker card love the porthole and the planks look brilliant.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shaker card, Brenda! This is such a great design and these digis made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

As You Like It Challenge #289 - Cats or Dogs

It's time for another  As You Like It Challenge .  This fortnight our challenge theme is to share your favorite - Cats or Dogs.   For a ...

Popular Posts