Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Sweet Summertime


There is nothing like a nice lazy summer afternoon with a soft breeze blowing and sipping on a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade!


I made this card to celebrate summer days and was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest and now cannot find.  Frantic Stamper stamps are dies used : Citrus Slices (FRA-DIE-09525), Artfull Mess Clear Stamps (FRA-CL-151) and Sweet Summertime Clear Stamps (FRA-Cl-108).

To start off I used (ironically) the Snowfall Stencil (FRA-STN-034) and some lightweight spackling compound (yes, like the stuff from the hardware store) to add texture to the back ground.  Then I created the lemons.  After cutting them from watercolor paper and I did a messy watercolor of the outer rim.  I used a 2 inch punch to cut vellum for the center of the lemons and glued them to the back.  The seeds were glued and the lemons were grouped by gluing only the watercolor sections.  

I wanted to do some splattering and did do a bit, but got cold feet.  I decided I needed a more controlled approach so I used the little splatter stamp from Artful Mess clear stamps which was much safer.  I then created a thread nest and topped it with the lemon grouping.  Lastly, I stamped the card with a stamp positioner and a sentiment from Sweet Summertime stamp set.

Aloha,
Brenda

PS - I would like to join in the Allsorts Challenge #731, use your die option anything goes

7 comments:

  1. I just love this Brenda, it looks as cool and yummy as the real deal.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lemons and tiny seeds are awesome Brenda, love the vellum background for them and love the textured background of the card..love the splatter, controlled or otherwise..use some printer paper one day and have a half hour of splattering practice, it really is easy, I use a pizza box type box now and don't get splatter all over my walls anymore, ha ha ha..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Brenda love the textured background and very clever how you made the lemon slices.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really great summer card, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts and using the dies option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really fun summer themed card! Always love a lemon theme!
    Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS perfection with this cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how awesome is this card, Brenda?! I love it!!! Makes me just taste a cool, refreshing glass of lemonade.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #717 - Recycle/ATG

 We have a new challenge up for you over on the CRAFT Challenge blog.  We would love for you to join us this week in creating with something...

Popular Posts