Wednesday, June 7, 2023

More Hibiscus



I have a few more hibiscus cards for you today.  Aloha Hibiscus from Frantic Stamper  (FRA-DIE-09933) was used to make all three cards.  For this first card, I decided to weave kraft paper strips, it reminds me of lauhala weaving that is such an art form here in Hawaii.  (Someday, I will have a sassy lauhala hat!)

 


The second card features the hibiscus that is native to Hawaii.  It is pure white with a red and yellow stamen.  If you can trust the internet, it is the only hibiscus with a scent.  Next time I see one, Iʻm going to check it out.




The background was stamped on a panel cut using Frantic Stamper Stitched Rectangles (FRA-DIE-09640) using Artful Mess (FRA-CL-151) clear stamp set.  I stamped with distress oxide colors reminiscent of a beautiful Hawaiian sunset.




This is the final card in the series.  As I mentioned, I had a hard time with mojo when I started, but then I couldnʻt stop.  I still have a few flowers colored up, so you may see more in the future.




For this card I also used Frantic Stamper die Meshy Background (FRA-DIE-10975). This die makes me think of the fish nets I see down at the marina. The actual die is a good size (3.5 x 4.75 inches), so I cut it in kraft card and tore off a piece to back another hibiscus typically seen locally.



 

Thanks so much for checking in.  I really appreciate your comments.  If you ever have any questions, please donʻt hesitate to ask.

Aloha,
Brenda

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS cards,love the beautiful die-cut hibiscus flowers and the different backgrounds
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the CAS design of these cards Brenda, the backgrounds of each one is lovely.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous cards with that hibiscus die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all stunning, Brenda! Love the way you've placed the flower in each one. All different and each so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Blow Bubbles

I'm here to share a shaker card featuring one of my favorite Bunnies in new digital form,  Bunnies at Sea Digistamp !  This card went ...

Popular Posts