Friday, May 19, 2023

Hibiscus Flowers 1 and 2

 




Iʻve been making some Hibiscus cards, just because.  Before I made them, I did a little Google search and learned that the yellow hibiscus is the state flower of Hawaii.  I personally love red hibiscus like the one in this first card.  Neither one of these flowers are native Hawaiian plants.


I used a Frantic Stamper die, Aloha Hibiscus (FRA-DIE-09933).  It was colored with distress inks and placed on a piece of watercolor paper that was smooshed in distress ink  (salty ocean of course) and splattered with a bit of gold watercolor.  I used a very old stamp I had to stamp the sentiment.


The second card was created in the same fashion, I just added a square from Frantic Stamperʻs Many Squares die (FRA-DIE-10938).  The frame was embossed with gold Foundry Wax.  Another thing I did with both flowers was to cut a bit of the negative part of the die to add the center.  



I have a few more cards to show you featuring this hibiscus die.  I had trouble getting my mojo started, but once it was in gear, I had a hard time stopping.  They are all pretty CAS and worked up pretty fast.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a glorious weekend full of all you love.

Aloha,
Brenda

6 comments:

  1. Two beauties Brenda, love the die set and the fabulous background just makes them pop, gorgeous cards, love the yellow..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the die-cut flowers and fabulous backgrounds
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous backgrounds for those gorgeous flowers Brenda, love these cards.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS perfection on these gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the watercolour backgrounds on these cards Brenda, absolutely perfet for those glorious blooms xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Now these are simply stunning, Brenda!!! I love how the yellow and red flowers pop against the watercolor backgrounds. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #717 - Recycle/ATG

 We have a new challenge up for you over on the CRAFT Challenge blog.  We would love for you to join us this week in creating with something...

Popular Posts