Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Little Red Wagon #698 - We Are The Champions


This week, Kate has us all singing to the Queen hit, We Are The Champions.  She wants to inspire us to create congratulation projects while we are singing.  A great Little Red Wagon challenge, right?


I decided to try my hand at making paper. I watched a couple videos and ended up with some really thick, kind of interesting looking stuff that I wasnʻt exactly happy with. However, I tried using it with a 3-D embossing folder and loved the effect. I added a bit of vintage photo distress ink, a few Frantic Stampers dies and some sequins for shine. Now I have a card for my sonʻs graduation December, 2023. His degree will be in accounting, so I thought the numbers were appropriate.


Join us this week.  Head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up your Congratulations projects. While you're there, be sure to check out the wonderful projects the other Girlfriends have created.

Aloha,
Brenda

Goodies used -
Celebrating Grad (FRA-DIE-10623)
Layered Congrats and Block Congratulations (FRA-DIE-10625)

9 comments:

  1. WOW great graduations card and love the paper you made and great result embossing it and tearing the edges
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a card for a champion here Brenda. We are HUGE Queen fans in this house so I will gladly sing along...here I go...I've paid my dues...time after time!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous textures and colours Brenda, awesome congrats card..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, you made that paper, it looks brilliant, honestly Brenda, I only saw someone doing this just the other day and thought I may have a try at some point....your card looks fabulous. Congrats to your son, well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! You made your own paper?! I'm so impressed. And it looks great the way you've embossed it. This will be a perfect card for your son's upcoming graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! That's so cool that you made your own paper! It looks fantastic with the embossing! And how absolutely perfect for your soon-to-be accountant son! Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous graduation card, Brenda. I also like the eylets you´ve uses - long time no see of these things.

    Imke "MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I love this card! My son is going to school to be a math teacher and this is a great card for anyone who loves numbers. I will have to keep this in mind when I do his graduation card in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU MADE YOUR OWN PAPER?!?! Wowzer, Brenda, that's awesome! Splendid card, love that you included the numbers for your accountant son.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #717 - Recycle/ATG

 We have a new challenge up for you over on the CRAFT Challenge blog.  We would love for you to join us this week in creating with something...

Popular Posts