Monday, October 25, 2021

Happy Hauntings


Gosh, can you believe Halloween is Sunday? Before it's too late, I want to share a couple of spooky cards I made using Vintage Halloween Digi and Fancy Frames Cutables from The Cat's Pajamas October release.



I used Silhouette Design Studio to create both cards.  Every time I use it I stumble onto something new to me.    For this card, I imported one of the Fancy Frames. resized and cut it to fit an A2 card blank (4"x 51/4").  The other elements are from Vintage Halloween Digi.  I know I always mention the versatility of digis, but I still don't really know all you can do with them.  Look at these great die cuts that happened by cutting out the digital stamp design!




I sparkled all of the bats with black sparkle embossing powder, the spider with Orange Stickles and the webs with Black Diamond Stickles.  The Fancy Frame was run through a spider web embossing folder to add all that wonderful texture.  The frame was popped up on top of the A2 blank with foam tape as were the bats and spider.  OCT 31 was  simply glued in place.



The second card was made using Vintage Halloween Digi. This card definitely happened by accident.  I started by just cutting some spider webs, bats, spiders, and words.  While I was doing this, I learned that when you add an offset around your image, it makes a perfect frame.    You just move the image off your design space and send the offset "frame" to be cut.  


This is the offset frame which is done using the Silhouette Studio.


You can click and move the image off the offset "frame".

Be sure to move it completely off your design space and then just set it to cut.



For this card I cut the Happy Haunting scene and added a bit of Copic color here and there.  I also ran a black marker around the edge to color the little white bits on the edge.  Jelly Roll pens added a little sparkle to the ghost eyes and the web in the scene.

I cut 2 frames, green and purple, and ran them through the spider web embossing folder.  They were layered onto the A2 card blank with foam tape along with the spider webs.  The bats were placed using foam tape.



Thanks for taking a look.  Before I go I want remind you of the Halloween freebie in the store.   It's called Ghoulish Digi and can be found here.  Head on over to the TCP store to pick up yours and to take a look at all the fun in the October release.

Aloha,

Brenda

3 comments:

  1. Both are fabulous Brenda, its hard to believe we at at the end of the month again..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABulous spooky cards Brenda, love the images and sparkly bats and that spider looks so real for..eek..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh, they are wonderful Brenda and the spider webs looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

As You Like It Challenge #282 - Clean or Fussy

  It's Thursday again and time for a new  As You Like It Challenge .  This fortnight our challenge theme is to share your favorite, clea...

Popular Posts