Monday, June 21, 2021

Bunnies in Space



Happy Summer everyone!  It's Brenda sharing a twist on the  PopUp Super Hero Card released this month.  I needed a graduation card and when I saw Alma's Superhero card,  I knew immediately what I wanted to try to do.


I used Alma's video here and a Silhouette to cut out the PopUp mechanism to create a card using the Bunny from Soar for my card.







I colored the Bunny and his rocket using the following Copics:
Rocket: B32, B28, B24, B39, C00, C1, C3, R14, R24, R29, 
Rocket Exhaust: Y17, Y38, YR04, YR9
Rocket Blast: R21, R43
I used black and grey craft chalk to create the billowing blast at the bottom of the image and set it with a clear fixative.


Once the image was colored, I attached it to the inside of the card, adjusting the slots as needed for the  image.  After testing the popup, I went about decorating the front and inside.  I thought the sentiment "To infinity and beyond" would be perfect for a graduating senior and used the Big Little Alphabet (get it while you can at 50% off) to cut the letters and the Stars dies (also available) to cut my stars, but you could cut the stars available in the digital stamp set to create the same effect.  

Here's a look at the front.  The spacing of the letters lends itself to a bit of a puzzle.


So that's it for me today.  I just want to leave one more reminder about the sale over at the TCP store -


Get these goodies for a steal while you can!

Thanks for looking!

Brenda

3 comments:

  1. WOW Brenda this is fantastic, the design, the image and colouring are spot on and I love the wording on the front, its just a brilliant card.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pop-up card,great design and brilliant colouring of the image,perfect sentiments and love all the sparkly stars
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW..awesome Brenda, love the image and it is coloured beautifully with bright happy colours and your design is amazing, I love the pop up..fabulous card..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Little Red Wagon #753 - Show Us Your Eggs (Easter projects)

  Chrissy is our fab hostess this week over at Little Red Wagon.  Her challenge this week is to "Show Us Your Eggs (or Easter projects)...

Popular Posts