Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Little Red Wagon Challenge #603


dOur Girlfriend Imke is up as hostess over at Little Red Wagon this week and message is Say It With Flowers.  Now I know most of us have a nice selection of flower items, dies, stamps, paper, even beautiful paper flowers.  


I took the opportunity to get out some Tim Holtz dies that I've had for a while.  I also went a little mixed media this week (I think it's called the Chrissy effect) and it was such fun.  I used distress ink as the base on the tag (I think the colors were forest moss, fossilized amber, walnut stain and speckled egg).  My hands were the most wonderful colors after I finished.  Then I did a bit of messy word stamping, followed by stenciling with embossing paste.  The flowers were cut from watercolor paper and colored with distress ink.  The flowers were popped up on a piece of dyed cheesecloth that has been hanging around my craft table for the longest time.  Finally it was stamped with one of my favorite  Wordsworth wooden stamp, Faith.  

We would love to have you give our challenge a go this week. Why not head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up. While you're there, be sure to check out the wonderful projects the other Girlfriends have created.

Aloha,
Brenda

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Brenda, a beautiful tag, love he daisys.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag and background,love the beautiful die-cut flowers over the cheesecloth
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fabulous!! The "Faith" stamp is just perfect and I love the pop of colour with the dyed cheesecloth. I wish I could have seen your inky hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is utterly gorgeous Brenda, so pretty and I can definitely detect the Chrissy Effect!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABulous tag Brenda, love those flowers SO much and love your Chrissy effect..[ insert smile]the background is beautiful, such great colours and love the added netting too and twine bow..wonderful tag..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tag, Brenda! I love all the layers and those beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Blow Bubbles

I'm here to share a shaker card featuring one of my favorite Bunnies in new digital form,  Bunnies at Sea Digistamp !  This card went ...

Popular Posts