Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Little Red Wagon # 589 - Tag, You're It

 





It's Wednesday again, can you believe we are already in the middle of February?  Chrissy is up to bat as hostess and she is saying "Tag, You're It".  She wants to see tags of any kind over on the Little Red Wagon blog.

I lucked out with this challenge.  I decided a few weeks ago to participate in a #52tag challenge by Anne Brooke (a fabulous fiber artist over on youtube).  It worked out perfectly with the fact I just found a shoe box full of vintage embroidery thread and a little stash of vintage sewing goodies in a closet I was cleaning.  I jumped in to start making "slow stitched tags".  So far I've been able to keep up and have made 7 so far.  I think my favorite one is #1, it has several layers of vintage doilies and lace as well as some messy stitching.  I made the tags from paper scraps that I collaged together and then die cut.  The tags are stitched and decorated according to the cue Anne gives each week -

#1 white

Here are a few others
#2 hearts

#4 fly stitch

#6 buttons

I am most anxious to see how you meet this challenge.  Head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up. While you're there, be sure to check out the wonderful projects the other Girlfriends have created.

Aloha,
Brenda

6 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda, oh I have never thought of this, I have only recently heard the term 'slow stitching' actually. These are so beautiful and a nice way to use scraps here and there, love them.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! These are gorgeous! What a wonderful idea! I agree that #1 is pretty spectacular (they all are!) although #4 has my vote for favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Brenda, wonderful and beautiful tags, I love the vintage lace and style, I may have to pull my craftroom apart and find lace and stuff to play again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! These are amazing, Brenda! You rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW these are brilliant love all the lace and stitching -just off to google slow stitching
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are BRILLIANT Brenda, they look so tactile and are beautifully stitched xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #718 - Shaped Card

  It's time for a new CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating a shaped card Our Sponsor thi...

Popular Posts