Saturday, January 23, 2021

How To Use TCP Stamp Sets Cutfiles

I decided to do a quick little tutorial about using the Cutables (image cut files) from TCP.  If a stamp set doesn't have matching dies, you can use the Cutable instead of fussy cutting.  You can find them under the free tab at the top of the TCP Home page.  I downloaded the files and followed the sets to cut them using my Silhouette Cameo.  As you can see, I decided I wanted to do this tutorial a little late in the game.  I know that a bunch of you TCP fans are very experienced stampers, but I forget there are new kittens joining the craft all the time, so this is for them.

I downloaded the files and followed the steps to cut them using my Silhouette Cameo using my favorite Neenah cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  I saved the negative space on the paper and put it in my stamp positioner to use as the guide.  I use the magnets to hold placement of the paper.




Here are a few of the blanks and some I had already stamped -




Next, position the stamp in its appropriate cutout.  I stamped all images at once, so this positioning was repeated for each stamp.




Here is where I have closed the lid to lock in that position.  You can actually stamp on a piece of scrap paper at this point to make sure you are happy with the placement.




Here you can see it's time to place the blanks in their cutout...




...like this.  Ink up the stamps and stamp away.  




Don't forget, if you don't get a good image, be sure everything is in place (note the blue polkadot magnets), ink up and stamp again -





I find this method works much better for me than eyeballing it.




I hope this is helpful (even tho a little rough).  If you have questions, please leave in comments with a link or email address.  Happy stamping!

Stamp set is SUN PLEASE from The Cat's Pajamas.  Here is the link to the Cutables.

3 comments:

  1. I found this extremely helpful and I just hope it stays in my head..in fact I know it will as I will copy this page and print it out so I can remember, what a great idea, thank you Brenda..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda, what a great idea.
    Hugs,
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #717 - Recycle/ATG

 We have a new challenge up for you over on the CRAFT Challenge blog.  We would love for you to join us this week in creating with something...

Popular Posts