Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Little Red Wagon Challenge #560


Happy Wednesday everyone!  I hope this finds you all well and raring to join in our Little Red Wagon challenge this week where we want you to GIVE US YOUR BACKGROUND.  I'm not talking genealogy here, I'm talking alcohol inks, distress oxide ink, paper piecing, smooshing stenciling, gelli pad, collage...there are so many ways to make your own background paper for your creation.  

Here's mine -


The background was one that was in my stash.  I think the pink/red is probably distress oxide ink smooshed on to water color paper.  It drives me crazy after you foil something and have all that lovely color left, so I added some transfer gel and some gold leftover foil and this is what I got.  The die, You Are a Blessing was one I got from Paper Smooches early on in Kim's retirement sale.  Did you know they were closing? 😢. It's pretty CAS and now that I am really looking at it, maybe a few sequins would have helped it out.  Oh, well, hopefully the mojo that seems to have gone with Douglas will return very soon.

A little bit more background here (not the kind we are asking for in the challenge)...I want to dedicate this card to the Girlfriends, who are absolutely blessings.  I had a bunch of stuff going on last week not the least of which was preparing for Hurricane Douglas.  He decided not to spend any time in the islands,  Thanks to God, all those prayers and the Girlfriends who were right there to give moral support and offer help.  They are the BEST!

We would love for you to join us this week.  I'm am looking forward to seeing all the different ways you create your backgrounds.  If you need some inspiration, visit the Girlfriends and leave them a little bit of well deserved love.

Aloha,
Brenda

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Brenda and I love it so much I think adding anything else would spoil it, its stunning.
    Thank God you are all ok, it must be dreadful waiting for something so out of control to hit, glad your safe.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS card Brendafabulous background and love the gold foiling.Glad to hear you are safe and Douglas passed by
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an expensive looking card this is, just perfect as it is!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Brenda! Such lovely words. Really, it was the least we could do and I'm so happy you are safe. You card is splendid! I love the bold colours and the foil is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this on the challenge site and am utterly enchanted by it so clever and striking. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks elegant and almost antique with the rich red color and gold touches! A beautiful background for sure! So glad you were spared from the hurricane too, you dodged a mighty big bullet there, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´m glad you are not infectec by the Hurricane and i am glad that you are safe.....lovely card and a amazing background !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  8. The red and gold background looks amazing! And I love that wonderful die too! How sad that another company is closing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

As You Like It Challenge #282 - Clean or Fussy

  It's Thursday again and time for a new  As You Like It Challenge .  This fortnight our challenge theme is to share your favorite, clea...

Popular Posts