Sunday, June 28, 2020

ACK...June is almost over...

...and I still have cards to share with you from the June release from Frantic Stamper .  I must say, they are some of my favorites from this release, so I better get going!  I'm going to post 3 today because they are all kinda steampunky.

I love the grungy look and steampunk images, but considered this quite a departure from my usual rather simple style.  I have to say though, I loved making these cards!  Let me know what you think.

This first card features the following dies from the June release:  Steampunk Ship (FRA-DIE-10850) and Ship's Wheel (FRA-DIE-10853).  You will also see Stitched Circles (FRA-DIE-09637) from a previous release.  


I got the aged metallic look on this die by cutting the ship from metallic silver cardstock and applying  Alcohol Ink Mixative in Gunmetal.  I loved the way this die cut and left all the pieces intact.  The ship was popped up on the stitched circle and that was popped up on the ship's wheel and a card base covered in two types of design paper.  The silver dots are left over pieces from a Steampunk Ocotpus I cut and didn't use.  I loved the little extra they added.


The next card was made using Steampunk Octopus and Fish die (FRA-DIE-10851) from the June release and Stitched Diamond Panel die #2 (FRA-DIE-10602) and Be Yourself clear stamps (FRA-CL-149) from previous releases.  



This card started with a larger than usual card base (5X7") made from kraft cardstock.  The background was created on watercolor paper using distress oxide ink in ground expresso, salty ocean, cracked pistachio and peacock feathers.  Once the background was created by smooshing and sprinkling water, the edges were distressed and ground expresso distress ink was added.  The stitched diamond panel was cut from kraft cardstock and was heat embossed using the following embossing powders; hickory smoke (TH embossing glaze), patina oxide (EC), Taos sunset (EC), and Turkish bronze (EC).  The fish were cut from the same silver metallic cardstock as the ship.  This time I used alcohol ink in purple twilight and turquoise for the middle fish and black and gunmetal for the top and bottom fish.  They were all layered as shown above.  Finally the sentiment was stamped and popped up onto the card base.  

The last card used the following stamps and dies from the June release:  Lighthouse and Boats (FRA-DIE-10841), Steampunk Periscope (FRA-DIE-10847), Ocean Sunset Scene (FRA-DIE-10840) and Deep Ocean clear stamps (FRA-CL-155).  The sentiment was stamped on Inverted Scallop Half Panel die (FRA-DIE-10838) from a previous release.


A little closer view -


This started with a kraft cardstock base.  I created the background by putting silver metallic tape (found in the hardware store) on cardstock, cutting it to 4X51/4" and embossing it with a Sizzix embossing folder, 3D Foundry.  I went over this with some of the Alcohol Ink Mixative in Gunmetal.  The periscope was cut from gold metallic cardstock which was then distressed with a little bit of very old expresso alcohol ink.  The periscope view was very loosely watercolored.  

As you can see, I added to the inside a more open visualization of the image.  The Ocean Sunset Scene was cut from watercolor paper and again very loosely watercolored to somewhat match the view from the periscope.  Everything was layered as shown in the photos and finally the sentiment was stamped and layered on the inside.  


I still have a couple more cards to share before July 1.  I hope you enjoyed looking.  Be sure to visit Frantic Stamper where you can find (via the links I provided) most of the supplies used for these cards.  We will have a brand new release to start sharing with  you on July 1!

As always, thanks for you visit!  Stay well!

Aloha,
Brenda

3 comments:

  1. What a feast these cards are <3 I am loving these new dies, the steampunk boat is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all simply amazing, I do love to change things up abit every now and then and these are brilliant brenda, I love the dies you used, looks like a treat myself day may be on the cards.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, love the steampunk look...xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #717 - Recycle/ATG

 We have a new challenge up for you over on the CRAFT Challenge blog.  We would love for you to join us this week in creating with something...

Popular Posts