Wednesday, April 29, 2020

That's It for April

Well, this has been quite a month, hasn't it?  I feel very fortunate that I have had my design team projects to take my mind off of other things even if only for a short while.  I'm sharing my last two cards from the Frantic Stamper April release today.  Birthday Celebrations has been such fun to work with, as usual.

This first card features a fun, very versatile new die called Create a Background Strips (FRA-DIE-10818).  If you are like me and you love the stitched cover plates, you are going to love this die too!  This card also features Giant Layered Thanks stamp and dies (FRA-DIE-10596) which I couldn't find in the store.  You could certainly use any of the "giant" stamps and dies here.


This card started with a red card blank (A2) and a white cardstock panel.  I used 2 of the Create a Background Strips to make the stitched and punched background.  I cut "thanks" from black cardstock and the background from red with white polkadots and adhered them as shown above.  I stamped "a million", added 2 puffy heart stickers and I have a card ready to go!  Here is what the Create a Background Strips dies looks like -


My next card was my first ever attempt at a pocket card using the envelope punch board and it went pretty well.  This has a little surprise inside.  Here is a link to the tutorial I used as a starting point.  I ended up doing a couple of things a little differently, but I think it went well.  I may try to put up a pictorial tutorial.  If you are interested, please leave it in the comments and I will definitely try to get it done.  

Stamps and dies used in this card include - Create a Background Strips (FRA-DIE-10818), Cinched Ribbon Bow (FRA-DIE-10811), Gift Card Pocket (FRA-DIE-10809), Eight Tiny Tags (FRA-DIE-10734), Stiitched Circles (FRA-DIE-09637) and Tiny Tags Birthday Stamps (FRA-CL-150).



And the inside -


Well, that's it for the April release.  The May release is coming very soon, so stay tuned, I think you are going to find something you like!

Stay safe and well my friends.

Aloha,
Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Yes Brenda, April was quite a month, never to be repeated I hope!! These cards are fantastic and I would definitely love a tutorial on the pocket card...it is gorgeous and the papers are superb xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Little Red Wagon #754 - Shapley

Yay!  It's Wednesday again, therefore we have a new challenge for you over at  Little Red Wagon  challenge.  Janice is our wonderful hos...

Popular Posts