Wednesday, March 18, 2020

More Favorite Pets from Frantic Stamper

I have a couple more cards to share with you that feature the Frantic Stamper March release, Favorite Pets.  The first card was inspired by my parrot, Gonzo.  He was a Double Yellow Headed Amazon that was hand raised from a baby.  He had quite the personality and many hilarious antics.  Back then we didn't have cell phones and when ever my home phone would ring and I would begin talking, he would do the same.  He had a decent vocabulary along with being able to meow like my cat (a Siamese and you know how they can talk), bark like a dog, cry like a baby, laugh like me and wolf whistle.  

Here's what Gonzo inspired, yes he would hang upside down from various points on his cage -


I started this card by die cutting all the pieces.  Dies used include Feathered Friends (FRA-DIE-10787), Whacky Windows (FRA-DIE-10785), Tropical Leaves  (FRA-DIE-10461) and the clear stamp set Be Yourself (FRA-CL-149).

The Whacky Windows panel was glued to a kraft card blank to start things off.  The bird cage and the birds were pieced together as shown above.  The leaves were positioned and glued and the bird cage was placed and glued.  The birds were placed (Gonzo is the upside down one =).  The sentiment was stamped and adhered as above using foam tape.  I LOVED making this card and know just who it's going to.

The second card is another one that makes me smile.  This one also uses Wacky Windows (FRA-DIE-10785) which is fast becoming one of my favorite dies.  Other dies used are Front and Back Cats (FRA-DIE-10792), Reverse Cut Kitty Words (FRA-DIE-10800), My Cat's Stuff (FRA-DIE-10796) and Cat Happiness clear stamp set (FRA-CL-147).


Let me just say, this was a very fiddly card to make.  I like the way it turned out, but don't think I would make it again, at least not in this manor.  I die cut everything at least once.  The fish I cut 3 of and the Wacky Windows and sentiment I cut twice.  A piece of acetate was cut the same width and about 3 inches longer than the length of the wacky panel.  The acetate (leftover from packaging) was scored, positioned and glued carefully between the Wacky Windows panels with the excess acetate hanging over the top.  The acetate extra was sandwiched and glued between 2 back panels (same size as the wacky windows panel).  OK, card base completed!  The cats were die cut from watercolor paper and watercolored with distress reinkers.  The sentiment was put together and it along with the cats were positioned on the front of the card.  


The back of the cats were then glued to the inside of the card as shown below.  The inside sentiment was stamped and lastly a piece of craft thread was tied around the card and a bow was fashioned to hold the fish bones in place.  This was another fun (but as I said, a bit fiddly) to make.

Be sure to check out the Frantic Stamper website.  I'm sure you can find goodies to help you stay busy during these uncertain times.

Stay safe everyone!  Thanks for your visit.

Aloha,
Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Both fabulous cards love all the dies and the upside down bird
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Blow Bubbles

I'm here to share a shaker card featuring one of my favorite Bunnies in new digital form,  Bunnies at Sea Digistamp !  This card went ...

Popular Posts