Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Little Red Wagon #542

Oh, boy, does Imke have a great challenge for us this week.  She is calling it Leftovers.  She wants us to use leftover stuff to create.  As for me, I used an image I printed out and hadn't colored, I have a little container that I put run away pearls, bling, buttons and I used one of the many backgrounds I created without a real use in mind.  I even used some washi tape that was sitting on my table.  I LOVE this kind of challenge!

Here's how everything went together -


You can see the distress ink bokeh background.  I cut the seaweed from the washi tape that was taking up space on my table.  The image is from A Day For Daisies, which sadly has been closed for some time now.  I used some of the distress embossing glazed on her tail since it was just sitting around and the "bubbles" are clear Nuvo drops.  

As you may or may not know, I was a nurse, for way longer than I want to admit, until I retired about 20 months ago.  I lived through the beginning of AIDS, SARS, the Bird Flu, legionnaires disease and probably a few I've forgotten, but this COVID 19 is scary!!!  I so appreciate all the folks that are keeping us up and running in our country.  I think I'm going to gather some of my cards, like this one and give it to my friend that is a nurse and ask that she leave them around the hospital in hopes they might be a little tiny point of light in someones day.  

We would love to have you join us this week. Why don't you give our challenge a go this week and head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up. While you're there, be sure to check out the wonderful projects the other Girlfriends have created.

Take care of yourselves, be well, we will get through this together!

Aloha,
Brenda

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful project Brenda,I love your background and washi tape seaweed, how clever, and I love your thoughts on leaving cards around for the helpers who are brave enough to mix with all sorts..I'm so lucky I retired just at the right time..stay safe Brenda, and craft,craft,craft..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, this is amazing. I love everything on your card ! The background and especially the selfcut washi tape seaweed is fabulous and at least this sweet image.

    Take care and stay healthy these times.

    Imke~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background and love the cute mermaid
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing card - especially given that you made it with leftovers! The background looks amazing!

    I love that you're going to give some of your cards to your nurse friend to leave around the hospital. I'm sure that the patients will be delighted!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Brenda! The background is so lovely and the washi seaweed is perfect. I think it's splendid that you're going to have your cards left around the hospital. They will surely put a little joy in people's days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

As You Like It Challenge #284 - Favorite Sketch

We have a new challenge for you over at As You Like It Challenge this fortnight and I think it's a fun one - Favorite Sketch and be sure...

Popular Posts