Sunday, March 29, 2020

Cats

I have another card made with stamps and dies from the March Frantic Stamper release. This die does all the work for you with its sweet little scene. Dies used include Garden Cat Oval (FRA-DIE-10798), Belly Band (FRA-DIE-10300), Scalloped Ovals (FRA-DIE-10664), and the clear stamp set Cat Happiness (FRA-CL-147). 

For this card, I opted to cut the die from watercolor paper and watercolored the scene using my Koi watercolors.  The base was made from ivory cardstock and this covered with 2 panels of design paper.  Next a rectangle of a contrasting design paper was hand cut and placed on top of the the panels with the belly band being placed on top of that, a bit more than 1/2 way down the page.  A scalloped oval was cut and used as a base for the kitty scene.  Last of all the sentiment was stamped and mounted on the card.

I want to share a second card with you today.  I hope I never have to use this card, but if I do, I pay it will bring some comfort.  The dies used for this are are Cat Silhouette (FRA-DIE-10790), Stained Glass Rainbow (FRA-DIE-10760), Double Fishtail Labels (FRA-DIE-09735) and clear stamp set Cat Happiness (FRA-CL-147).


This card started with an ivory card blank.  A piece of watercolor paper was given a light wash of Hero Arts Liquid watercolor in Deep Ocean.  The base of the rainbow was also cut from watercolor paper and the colors were loosely watercolored.  The top of the rainbow was cut from white glitter paper and adhere to the bottom with it was dry.  The cat was cut from a scrap of black paper.  The sentiment was cut from the same paper as the card bland.  It was stamped with grey ink  and one end of the fishtail was cut off.  All the elements were placed as shown above.  The sentiment was stapled in place, the rainbow was glued and the kitty was popped up on foam tape.

Thanks so much for taking a look.  I do hope you will stop by Frantic Stamper and take a look at their vast array of crafting treasures!

Aloha and take care of yourself,
Brenda

4 comments:

  1. So adorable Brenda, love the dies and cute scene, gorgeous card.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda, its gorgeous and I love the watercolouring, so soft and pretty.
    I think I forgot to thankyou for putting a link to my blog on one of your post, its so good of you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are wonderful cards Brenda, I absolutely love that pretty lacy paper on the first one and should anyone ever receive the second, it will surely be much appreciated...it's really lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute and love all the dies you used to create the scene-beautiful sympathy one too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

As You Like It Challenge #284 - Favorite Sketch

We have a new challenge for you over at As You Like It Challenge this fortnight and I think it's a fun one - Favorite Sketch and be sure...

Popular Posts