Wednesday, August 14, 2019

I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing


Actually you're are in luck because trust me, you don't want me teaching you how to sing.  I enjoy singing, but fully realize my talents leave something to be desired.  But, Kate has come up with a great challenge this week over at Little Red Wagon.  She wants us to use music or songs to inspire our creations.


I have to admit, I happened to be making something with tons of lace and Googled "contemporary songs with the word lace in the title".  I already thought of 'Chantilly Lace' but 'Leather and Lace' by Stevie Nicks and Don Henley came up.  I love this song and after listening, it actually inspired me to add a little leather to my lace.  Here's what happened -


The lace was already there in abundance, but I was inspired to add the leather heart and


the lace and leather pulls on the tags.



I really did have such fun making this junk journal and plan to make more in the near future  

We hope you'll join us this week by sharing the end result of your song inspiration.  I'm sure to be humming or singing all week long after seeing what you and the Girlfriends have created.  Why not take a look and join us yourself?

Aloha,
Brenda

5 comments:

  1. WOW a junk journal..I have never seen a junk journal and I LOVE it..the textures and bulk just bring me into happiness..fantastic Brenda..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful book! Too lovely to be called a junk journal! (: I'm loving that side view, so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous journal you made, I love it and all the lace, which is gorgeous BTW added to the leather is fabulous.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW absolutely fabulous journal love all the lace and texture -great pages and pockets-love it
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! This is absolutely incredible!! What a treasure for your memories and "junk" (boy, that was hard to write with something so awesome!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #714 - Not A Card

It's time for another CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating something other than a card.  There are a...

Popular Posts