Monday, July 29, 2019

SHAAAARK!

If you are a TV watcher, I'm sure you've heard of shark week, maybe even shark month.  Well today is shark day on my blog.  I am featuring a couple more of the stamps and dies from the Frantic Stamper's newest release.

The first card features the following dies- Making Waves (FRA-DIE-10667), Tails and Fin (FRA-DIE-10670) and the very fun new stamp set, SHAAAARK (FRA-CL-135) -


This card was really fast to make.  I simply double cut the wave dies to form a little narrow kind of swishy wave and I cut the fin.  The sentiment was stamped using Lawn Fawn Hippo grey ink.  The fin was glued to one of the wider waves, popped up on foam tape all were checked for placement.   Once placement was decided they were all adhered to the white card base.  A few holeless sequins were added for just a bit of bling and there ya go!

The next card features- Happy Shark (FRA-DIE-10673), Making Waves (FRA-DIE-10667), SHAAAARK (FRA-CL-135).  I decided to make a hair gel pocket card



 I started with a larger card base - 4 3/4 x 6 1/2.  A wavey design paper panel was cut 1/4" narrower and glued to the base.  I had a piece of blue cardstock that started out 5 1/2" wide and about 7" tall.  This piece was scored at 1 1/2" and 5 1/2".  The wave edger was used to cut the waves on the folded flaps as you can see above.  The shark was die cut, pieced together and adhered to a piece of cardstock that was cut to 3 7/8" x 5 1/4".  The cardstock was blended with salty ocean distress oxide ink and water was flicked on it to give the look of bubbles.  I made my little gel packet using the cheapest hair gel I could find.  I basically used this tutorial as my guide, tweaking it to meet my particular needs and adding sequins along will the gel to my zip bag.  I then securely adhered the gel pack over the shark and glued the panel to the card base.  Lastly, I stamped and cut the sentiment and adhered it to the front.  

Again, if you have any questions, please ask.  There are bunches of tutorial out there for this kind of fun card.  It just seemed too perfect for this cute, happy shark.

Thanks for stopping by!

Aloha,
Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Just fabulous Brenda, I can almost hear the music from 'Jaws'...love it.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #718 - Shaped Card

  It's time for a new CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating a shaped card Our Sponsor thi...

Popular Posts