Monday, June 3, 2019

TCP Tuesday #358 - Summer


With those calendar pages flying off, Summer is almost here.  We are aiming to get you in the mood over at The Cat's Pajamas with our June TCP Tuesday Challenge: Summer.  If you've gotten your goodies from the May release, you have the perfect tools to work with.  Remember, though we would love to see  your TCP stamps and dies, it isn't a requirement for playing along.

My design was actually inspired by "leftovers" I had from sneaky peek week.  Here's what happened for me using the beautiful Scripted Sentiments, Hay Neighbor and matching diesFolk Art Flowers and matching dies -


There's even a little surprise inside made by using the fun new Spiral PopUp -


I started by picking out the square frame I had stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with a turquoise powder on white cardstock.  Then I stamped and heat embossed both sides of a cardstock square using just one side of the frame multiple times with VersaMark.  This created a matching square of "patterned paper" to die-cut with the Spiral PopUp die.  

My flowers were already stamped and die cut.  I picked out a few for the front and the rest for the PopUp.  I found this little giraffe from Hay Neighbor in my stash, so I colored him up with Copic markers and glued some colored flowers over the carrots that were in his bag.  The sentiment was stamped in the center of the square frame with grey ink and glued this in the middle of a 4.75"x 4.5" cardstock card base.  The flowers and giraffe were arranged and glued in place as well as a few Silver Saucer sequins.  A floppy button thread bow was added and then I moved to the inside.  I placed the Spiral PopUp (here's a how-to video) using glue dots and then added the flowers for a fun get well surprise.  As a little reminder, stamps and their matching dies are available at a 10% savings when you purchase them both.

Here are the details for the challenge -

-Each month a new challenge will be posted on The Cat’s Pajamas blog and our Facebook page.
-If you would like to play along,  just upload your design to The Cat’s Pajamas blog page using the InLinkz button.
-You are not required to use a Cat’s Pajamas stamp or die, but if you have them we would love to see them.
-On the day of the next challenge the winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and will receive a Cat Cash Voucher for $50.

We would really love to see your Summery creations.  For more Kat Pack creations, visit the blog here!

Aloha,
Brenda

3 comments:

  1. Oh Brenda this is fab, what a great acrd and the pop-up is a great surprise add-on, I love it.
    Hope you have a sweet day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the cute little dies and brilliant pop-up inside
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #717 - Recycle/ATG

 We have a new challenge up for you over on the CRAFT Challenge blog.  We would love for you to join us this week in creating with something...

Popular Posts