Friday, May 31, 2019

Little Black and White Cow

It is the very last day of May (at least here in the US), so very hard to believe!  I'm going to slide in right under the finish with my last 2 cards from the Frantic Stamper's May release, Welcome Baby.   My first card is rather nostalgic for me.  My son had the sweetest little toy when he was an infant.  It was a black and white cow and when you pulled in the song, Catch a Falling Star, would play.  He also had a very small black and white cow that stayed with him in PICU (we had some problems birthing this child, but it all turned out fine, he's now 28 =).  But, enough of the reminiscing, on to the cards!

Not surprisingly, this card features Sleepytime Moon (FRA-DIE-10646) and the  new Cloud stencil (FRA-STN-027) -


This card began with the background, white cardstock was stenciled using the Cloud stencil and embossing paste.  After this was dry, distress inks; chipped sapphire, tumbled glass and squeezed lemon were blended to create and night sky with a very bright moon.  Next the moon and cow were die cut and a circle was cut from a white cardstock panel using Stitched Circles (FRA-DIE-09637).  the "sky" was positioned and adhered behind the circle panel and the excess was trimmed flush.  The cow was assembled and both die cuts were glued to create the little scene.  The Double Fishtail Label (FRA-DIE-09735) was stamped, trimmed and hole punched.  A little bow of button thread was added to hold the sentiment.  I went back latter and added a few stars using Stickles.  

My last creation is not a card.  It features Nappy Pins (FRA-DIE-10839) that have been turned into decorative paperclips for my planner.  When I saw these cute little animals, the idea immediately popped into my mind!


I die cut the animals in appropriate colors and assembled the faces.  I cut the animals again in only the base color and used that at the back.  The heads were glued together and before the glue set, the 2" paperclips were inserted.  Such a fun way to mark planner pages!

backside

OK, that makes it a wrap for May, but don't worry, the June release is all ready and I think you are going to like it!  Thanks for peeking in!  Have a great weekend!

Aloha,
Brenda




1 comment:

  1. Great CAS card love the cute dies and fabulous background-great sentiment plus beautiful memories---love the decorated planner clips
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #717 - Recycle/ATG

 We have a new challenge up for you over on the CRAFT Challenge blog.  We would love for you to join us this week in creating with something...

Popular Posts