Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Congrats

Hi all! It's Brenda here with a card featuring the new dies from the Frantic Stamper April Grads and Industrial release. This release does not reflect my typical style (if I even have one) but I have to say I LOVED this release!  I had a bunch of fun using some of the new Emerald Creek Seth Apter and Boho Blends embossing powders on these cards.  Dies featured include Layered Congrats & Blocked Congratulations (FRA-DIE-10625), Pipe Fittings (FRA-DIE-10634) and Steampunk Frame (FRA-DIE-10632). 


I started the card by creating the background panel from cardstock.  Next, I die cut all the dies I used from black cardstock.  I ran my VersaMark stamp pad over the card panel embossing after using an embossing folder (Subtle Dynamic Texture Impressions/SU!).  This panel was then adhered to a card base.  I used VersaMark and Seth Apter embossing powder in Ancient Amber making sure much of the textured cardstock was still visible by brushing excess off.  While my embossing gun was still hot, I applied VersaMark to the "pipes" and the background for Congrats and added the same Ancient Amber ep.  For the frame and extra gears, I used Boho Blends Wrought Iron ep.  I adhered all the elements to the card front and it was ready to go.  I gotta tell you, I LOVE that Emerald Creek embossing powder!  Grab some while you can!

This second card features Layered Congrats & Blocked Congratulations (FRA-DIE-10625), Steampunk Frame (FRA-DIE-10632) and Grad with Diploma (FRA-DIE-10624). It also features the yummy Seth Apter and Boho Blends embossing powders.  They are just so perfect for this release!


Started this card by putting aluminum tape on a plain white cardstock panel.  It was adhered to a back cardstock base.  This was embossed using a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  Next the dies were cut from black cardstock.  The grad and the Steampunk Frame were heat embossed using VersaMark and Boho Blends Wrought Iron.  Congrats was heat embossing using Seth Apter Chunky Rust which was also added here and there to the Steampunk Frame.  The die elements were arranged.  The frame and Congrats were adhered to the front panel with glue while the grad was popped up on foam dots.  

I learned, while making these cards, that the color of cardstock you use will effect the way the color of the embossing powder after it is heated.  It looks great either way, but using the black cardstock gave it a bit more of a grungy look in my opinion.  Again, run over to Frantic Stamper and grab some now.  I have some of the Eileen Hull powders coming as well as a few more colors of the Seth Apter and I CAN'T WAIT!

Aloha,
Brenda

3 comments:

  1. I love this indutraia look Brenda. You have tempted me to get my embossing powders out!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what are my fingers doing today!?? That should say industrial!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great industrial look great embossed background and fabulous embossing powders -I have three of these and tbh struggled to use them -thank you for the inspiration
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #718 - Shaped Card

  It's time for a new CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating a shaped card Our Sponsor thi...

Popular Posts