Wednesday, April 10, 2019

AYLI Fav animal



It's time for another As You Like It Challenge.  This fortnight our challenge theme is to share your favorite which animal is your favorite.  Use that animal on your creation and tell us why it's your favorite.

This week our sponsor is:
Here's my card featuring my favorite animal.  I would have to say that dogs are my favorite, but there are many close seconds. I just love the way a pup loves you and and makes you feel so loved. They are sooooo cute too!  Here's my card using a pup from Whimsy Stamps Naughty Puppies set -



We would love for you to head back to the AYLI blog to link up your creation.  While you are there, check out the prize that's up for grabs and take a look at the gorgeous creations the DT made for you to see!  

Thanks for stopping by!  I need to get busy posting some of these cards.

Aloha,
Brenda

5 comments:

  1. I just found your site and I am so impressed by your creativity! I saw a card you did with a "galaxy" background. Would you share how you did it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kindness! When I do galaxy backgrounds, I love making them and use different techniques. My favorite way is to use watercolor paper and start by putting different colors of distress oxide ink (DOI) on the paper with the distress blending tool in blotches covering the entire paper. randomly. Then I mist the paper with 4 or 5 squirts of water to get the colors blending. After drying this layer, I “smoosh” it with distress oxide ink, usually black soot or chipped sapphire and dry every couple of smooshes. When I smoosh, I usually use a 3x3” square of acetate so I can see what I am doing. I like to leave some of the color showing between the dark smooshing. After you cover most of the sheet with the dark ink, add some more water and dab it with a cloth to remove some of the darkness and to let the DOI show up a little more. Then you can add color or darkness as you wish and dry between layers. I have tried the Jennifer McGuire trick of adding perfect pearl pigment powder to the water and it adds a lovely shimmer to the galaxy. I truthfully cannot flick paint without ruining things, so to finish off, I sprinkle chunky embossing powder on top and heat from below. I like preheating my heat gun to help this go a bit smoother. I usually use primarily white with a little gold and black. I use the chunky EP from Stampendous because that’s what I have, but I know there are lots more really great chunky powders out there now. I usually add a little at a time to get a nice starry look. That’s pretty much it. If I haven’t explained it well, please feel free to ask for clarification. I know there are several good YouTube videos that show different ways to great this fun look. If you try any of the galaxy background techniques, I would love to see your results. Please let me know you get this.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet image Brenda and coloured beautifully..I love your card design too and the pastel shades..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one super cute pup!! Love the paper layout too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Blow Bubbles

I'm here to share a shaker card featuring one of my favorite Bunnies in new digital form,  Bunnies at Sea Digistamp !  This card went ...

Popular Posts