Sunday, March 17, 2019

Silhouette


This sweet die reminds me of the simpler times of my childhood. I remember my mother having silhouette pictures, similar to those above, hanging in our home. My card today was inspired by these and features 2 new dies from the Frantic Stamper March release, Victorian Courtship (FRA-DIE-10613) and Bow Swag Border (FRA-DIE-10599). I also used Semi-Circle Elements (FRA-DIE-10479) to frame the silhouette.

To make this card, I began by cutting the silhouette die and the swag die from black cardstock. The opening was cut in the top panel using semi-circle elements and then run through my Big Shot with Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions embossing folder from Stamping' Up.  Tumbled glass distress ink was used to create a sky using a blending brush on the card base.  The silhouette die was centered and adhered on the panel.  Finally the window panel was popped up on foam tape and adhered to the card base.  Last of all the bow swag border was adhered to the top layer.  I often wait to add a sentiment when I decide how the card is to be used. 
The next card features a really sweet die, Lovebird Nest (FRA-DIE-10616) and Giant Layered Hello (FRA-DIE-10615).


This card was started by creating a watercolor background on watercolor paper and by cutting the die from watercolor paper.  Some embossing powder "splatters" were added for a bit more texture and interest.  The image was colored with watercolor brush markers.  On a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" panel I cut a centered heart using Floral Lace Heart (FRA-DIE-10549).  The heart panel was adhered to the watercolor background using foam tape and the watercolored die was glued to the center of the heart.  The watercolor panel was adhered to the card base.  Hello was cut from cardstock, heat embossed and adhered to the front of the card.  

I really appreciate your visits.  If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  

Aloha,
Brenda


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Brenda, these are stunning and so elegant.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Little Red Wagon #753 - Show Us Your Eggs (Easter projects)

  Chrissy is our fab hostess this week over at Little Red Wagon.  Her challenge this week is to "Show Us Your Eggs (or Easter projects)...

Popular Posts