Thursday, December 13, 2018

Asian Fusion



I'm sharing a card today featuring dies from the Frantic Stamper December release - Asian Fusion. I loved the dies in this collection. Tho my last name is a bit confusing, my husband is full on Japanese American. My daughter claims that I am more Asian than he is and I absolutely loved working with these gorgeous dies. I also loved having the opportunity to use some of the beautiful washi paper/origami paper I have been able to collect over the years.

OK, so I started out by blending a background using distress oxide ink in rainbow colors (which by the way are available in the store). I splattered it with water which is very hard to see in the pic, but looks nice up close. I cut multiples of the Eastern Wave Border (FRA-DIE-10564) and glued them to the rainbow background once it had dried. I got the distress oxides out again and blended the panels for the Happiness Kanji (FRA-DIE-10574) and glued it to the card front. I wrapped a bit of twist around the center and place one of the Oriental Tassels (FRA-DIE-10573).


I have to give credit to Fran as the inspiration for this card.  She threw out the idea and I took it and ran with it.  

My next card features the Oval Crane Scene die (FRA-DIE-10579) from the Asian Fusion release. It was cut from watercolor paper and then mounted on a Stitched Rectangle (FRA-DIE-09640) cut from watercolor paper. The sentiment is from the Encouraging Words stamp set (FRA-CL-110) cut from Double Fishtail Labels (FRA-DIE-09735). The little scene was colored with a very simple watercolor technique using Koi watercolors (but any type will do) and a water pen.  


If you haven't seen all the DT cards for this release, you can check them out in the store under the respective dies or you can see the video over view here.

Thanks for taking a peek today.  I know it's an especially busy time of the year and time is so precious to begin with!

Aloha or maybe should I say Sayonara today,
Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Brenda, you have mad watercoloring skills and a terrific eye for design! These two cards are sensational! The sediment with that amazing crane scene is perfection!! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Little Red Wagon #753 - Show Us Your Eggs (Easter projects)

  Chrissy is our fab hostess this week over at Little Red Wagon.  Her challenge this week is to "Show Us Your Eggs (or Easter projects)...

Popular Posts