Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Little Red Wagon #461



Imke has a fun challenge for us this week, Old or New Trends.  She would like for us to create something that includes a popular trend.  It can be a current or past trend.  This might include a popular technique, stamp company, embellishment, just include this on your project.  She is looking forward to hearing why you chose what you did.

Here's my card using a very old stamp from a local stamp company, Mari and Me -



I have combined old and new trends.  Heat embossing is probably why I started stamping in the first place.  It is just so magical to me.  It's popularity has waxed and wained during my years as a stamper, but I really love the way we are currently using it to make wonderful backgrounds.  Sequins are another more current trend I love!  I mentioned this stamp, I purchased it 20+ years ago on one of my first visits to Hawaii.  I hate to say this, but this is probably only the second time I have ever used it...not even sure the company is still in business.  I used Copic markers to color it up.

I know you are going to want to see what the Girlfriends have to share so head over to the Little Red Wagon and follow their links.  I hope you'll consider joining us this week!

Aloha,
Brenda

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Brenda. Love the look of the gold embossing - fit´s perfectly with this stamp. I use this technique rarely but it´s a great one. And of course sequins - love them !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, this is absolutely mesmerizing! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning with all of the gorgeous gold colouring. Great use of "old" and new trends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your card is stunning! I can never tire of heat embossing either. It really is magical!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #717 - Recycle/ATG

 We have a new challenge up for you over on the CRAFT Challenge blog.  We would love for you to join us this week in creating with something...

Popular Posts