Monday, December 21, 2015

Mele Kalikimaka #132

Apologies for being a bit late on posting this.  It's time for a new i {heart} sketches challenge at From the Heart Stamps.  I went with only the sketch this week, but it's your choice, the sketch, the twist or the sketch with the twist!





This week I used the jam packed set called Tropical Christmas.  As you can see though, I could be used to make other greeting cards as well.  




Here's my card:




I had quite a time with this card.  Do you ever have a vision and have things go a completely different way because of creative opportunities (mistakes)?  I ended up coloring the image with Copic markers and fussy cutting it.  The sky is a piece of DCWV vellum, the ocean foam is Crystal Stickles and the sand is Straw Distress Stickles.  The banner is from Blueprints 2 from My Favorite Things.

I hope you'll play along with us this week.  For all the challenge details check out the blog here. You will have 2 weeks this time, the DT is taking a little extra time to spend celebrating with our loved ones.  We will be back with new creations January 4

I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a New Year full of health, peace and love!
Aloha,
Brenda


3 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda! Love your card! Expert fussy cutting and the ocean foam and the sand are really cool!
    Have a very happy holiday season. Doni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, I'm not sure what you originally had in mind, but the way this card turned out is amazing! I love the idea of the blue vellum behind the image! Pure genius! What a creative idea! Then those Stickles for the ocean and sand are great accents!
    Christmas blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, Brenda. Love this image and your fussy die cutting is fabulous ! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #714 - Not A Card

It's time for another CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating something other than a card.  There are a...

Popular Posts