Monday, November 30, 2015

Peace on Earth, Let it Begin With Birdbrain

It's time for a new i {heart} card sketches challenge at From the Heart Stamps.  Imke has given us another wonderful sketch!


This week the twist is to use heat embossing which is one of my very favorite things to do on a card.  I resorted to a pretty boring use of heat embossing, but it does make the sentiment standout.  I still think heat embossing is so magical, especially when you use bold colors.  Overall I'm afraid this card is a little lack luster, but I'm loving my Deck the Halls Birdbrain.  She was the freebie from the November Image Challenge.  This is another BB that reminds me of me, running around trying to get all the special stuff done to celebrate the wonder of Christmas.


For just linking up you will receive $1 credit for use at the From the Heart Stamp store.  You can use it as a discount or save up to get a free image.  For the sketch challenge details check here and for the Stamp of the Month Challenge check here.  You'll also want to check out the inspiration the design team has for you this week, they have outdone themselves again. I'm always so inspired by their wonderful creations.  I hope you have time to play along this week, can't wait to see your cards!


Aloha,
Brenda

Supplies:
Image:  From the Heart Stamps Deck the Halls Birdbrain
Sentiment:  The Cat's Pajamas Penguin Christmas
Paper:  Bo Bunny Dear Santa Collection, Kraft cardstock and paper scraps
Accessories:  Copic markers, Mama Elephant Tags A lot Creative Cuts, clear embossing powder, white Signo pen

3 comments:

  1. Nothing lackluster about this card, Brenda! It's a lovely CAS Christmas card with gorgeous coloring and fun patterned papers! I love that stitched banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic background paper that conveys the way the days fly by in December....and I think I'd like Santa to bring me that stitched banner ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love the numbered background paper and your banner fits in perfectly with your design! (I will admit...the banner threw me a bit at first; you have to love a sketch challenge when it becomes a "challenge"!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Releasing the Inner Designer

The newest Frantic Stamper release is all about the home.  You can see the entire collection here .  The dies I've used today have allow...

Popular Posts