Sunday, November 2, 2014

Top Tip Tuesday Challenge-Chevrons!

The current Top Tip Tuesday Challenge is to use Chevrons.  Boy have I had a change in heart about chevrons.  When I first noticed them trending, I wasn't a real fan.  I'm loving them now!  I felt very fortunate to have found a retired Stamping' UP! set, Oh, Hello.  When I read this challenge, I immediately though of it.  As I was putting together my card last night, I opened my drawer of already colored images and found these wonderful Lili of the Valley cuties! Hope you're not tired of Christmas, but that is my focus right now, only about 10 more to do!

So, here's what developed (both are much more glimmery IRL):


 And here's #2:


I think I'm going to try to sneak them into the ABC Christmas Challenge: V is for Very Merry Christmas and the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #283: Fantasy.  They should also work Christmas Cards All year 'Round November Challenge: No Patterned paper. 

I hope you have had a wonderful weekend.  Wishing you blessings for the coming week!

Aloha, 
Brenda



Supplies:

Card 1
Stamps: Lili of the Valley images (couldn't find them, retired?), Stamping' UP! Short and Sweet and Oh, Hello
Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black, Stampin' UP1 Red Riding Hood and Gumboil Green, Delicate Gold Glitz
Paper- Neenah Kraft Cardstock, Mohawk Color Copy, DCWV Vellum
Accessories: Stamp N Stuff Clear Embossing Powder, Copic Markers, Nestibilities Circle Die, Sequined Bunny Sequins, Stickles

Card 2
Stamps: Lili of the Valley images (couldn't find them, retired?), Stamping' UP! Short and Sweet and Oh, Hello
Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black, Stampin' UP1 Red Riding Hood and Gumboil Green
Paper- Mohawk Color Copy, Stampin' UP! Cardstock, Bazzill Cardstock
Accessories: Stamp N Stuff Clear Embossing Powder, Copic Markers, Stampendous Embossing Enamels, Mama Elephant Die Femme Frames, Lawn Fawn Die Stitched Journaling Card, Stickles

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Brenda these cards are beautiful I adore them both..............love LOTV stamps. The vellum behind the first image is fantastic......................<3 awesome and the line of chevrons stitched is such a cool touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very different but gorgeous cards Brenda. LOTV are one of my favourite stamp companies and these are super examples. Your colouring is perfect on both and the vellum, chevrons and stitching are beautiful details.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful and very sweet cards!


    thanks so much for playing along with us at CRAFT-Challenge!

     

    Hugs and kisses from germany,

    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Christmas cards Brenda, I love Kraft card stock and your images are cute. Beautiful layouts. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are both so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, gorgeous cards, Brenda. Beautifully coloured and cute images. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Brenda LOVE them both and so lovely to see the VERY merry sentiment on your creations too!

    Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, and also the Chevron challenge at Top Tip Tuesday too! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card. The stitching is super and the small arrow heads are used in a perfect way. I have a die cut that cuts out these little arrow heads and I thank you for the inspiration on how to use them. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Cards all Year Round

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #714 - Not A Card

It's time for another CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating something other than a card.  There are a...

Popular Posts