Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Little Red Wagon Challenge #690 - Happy, Happy Birthday!

 

It's the last Wednesday in January already and this signals in a new Little Red Wagon challenge. This week Janice is our most delightful hostess and she is saying Happy, Happy Birthday! Iʻm thinking that means she wants to see some birthday projects. 


So, a wonderful thing happened last week.  I had coffee with one of my friends I hadnʻt seen since probably May.  We had so much fun catching up and when it came time to leave, she gave me 2 bags of stamps/dies!  Now, I didnʻt need another stamp, in fact I am doing a tough purge to make way for a home remodel.  I have to tell you though, it has helped my lagging mojo and has just been so much fun! As a result, I am thinking about packing away the some of the stuff Iʻm keeping.  Iʻm hoping fresh eyes on old stuff might help keep the mojo flowing.

There were probably 8 or 10 of these Julie Nutting Prima Dolls in the mix.  I thought this little cutie would be great for a giant tween birthday tag, so away I went.  As you can see, Iʻm still working on my color pencil skills and I paper pieced her clothes with patterned paper.  Iʻm still working on using up paper scraps too!

We would love to have you give our challenge a go this week.  I know  Iʻm so glad for it because March and April are my big birthday months.  Just head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up your creation and remember, it doesnʻt have to be a card. While you're there, be sure to check out the wonderful projects the other Girlfriends have created.

I do hope you are all doing well!

Aloha,
Brenda

8 comments:

  1. How lovely of your friend Benda, I always loved the prima dolls they make such gorgeous tags and cards, this is beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a coffee date and new crafty goodies, what a lovely friend!! Love this tag Brenda, beautifully done xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely friend-love the paper pieced image aand pretty P.paper
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to get all those yummies Brenda, what a lovely friend,and I love your Birthday tag and your pencil colouring is fabulous, gosh, I feel the need to get out my pencils now!

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, now that's the kind of friend to have, Brenda! This is a beautiful birthday creation. I'm sure if your friend sees it, she'll be so pleased you've used something she gave you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely tag! I especially love that bow. Always nice when we get little surprises from friends, isn't it? (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to get some new/old stuff- lucky you ! I remember these girls and your tag is lovely.

    Imke ~ "MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely gift from your friend - and even better that it got your mojo going again! Your tag is a delight with the wonderful image and fabulous colours!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #718 - Shaped Card

  It's time for a new CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating a shaped card Our Sponsor thi...

Popular Posts