Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Too Many TCP Favorites


Santa is Coming

What do you do when you canʻt decide which digi you want to work with cuz you love them all?  Make a project where you can use them all! Iʻm here today to share of couple of things I had fun making.

I started by cutting out and coloring a bunch of images from this wonderful August release.  I decided it would be fun to make a Christmas Folio using a file folder, an idea I got from here.  I thought it would be fun to fill with Christmas tags with the end result being a little Christmas memory book.

Raising Cane


I covered the pages with paper and some washi tape, adding tucks and pockets here and there. Journaling room was added in 2 spots. Tags made using Every Day Tags and Fancy Frames were to add in all those little nooks and crannies. Then came the fun of adding the Copic colored digis, glittered snowflakes (from Snowflake Cutables) and tags to the folio. I cut a bunch of gold thread and placed it in the folio to be used for tag hangers.

Gnome Peeking

 

 

Best Fishes

 

 

All Is Bright

 

Next, I made a Magical Snow (Rain) card featuring Let the Flakes Fly digistamp.  This image is certainly a favorite of the Cat Pack since several of us have showcased it. There are many tutorials out there for making this type of card.  Check Google or Pinterest for one that suits you.

Let The Flakes Fly Magic Snow card

I used distress ink (Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire) and a little water splash to create the background.  Summer Borders clouds were used and I thought the bushes from this set made some pretty good snow drifts.  They were both shaded with distress ink (Faded Jeans and Weathered Wood) to give that snowy look. 

Magic Snow Card - Let the Flakes Fly


I added a layer of acetate over my beads and then went about creating the fun scene with the musical snow people on top of it. The snow people were colored with Copic markers and bits of Stickles were added here and there for a bit of extra shine.

Here are all the great products Iʻve used from the August Release -

Other products used in these creations include -
Santa Is Coming
Gnome Peeking
Define Good
Skating Bunny
Christmas Morning
Bless Your Hearth
Holiday Sayings
Red and Black Ornament Tags
Fancy Frames
Snowflake Cutables
Every Day Tags
Summer Borders

And here are a few more pictures -









This little folio measures 4 1/4" x 4 1/4".  I used one file folder and used the scoring measurements and basic assembly process shown in the video.  I did add tucks, flips and bands as I saw fit and as shown above.  If you have any questions, please donʻt hesitate to leave in the comments.

Thanks so much for taking a look!

Aloha,
Brenda


2 comments:

  1. WOW Brenda, what amazing creations, I think your book is so gorgeous and the rain card is brilliant, never heard of this one before and it looks wonderful will have to try it out, thanks for sharing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW fabulous Christmas memory book love all the pages/papers and images,all the little tuck spots.Brilliant magical snow/rain card never heard of that before!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #714 - Not A Card

It's time for another CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating something other than a card.  There are a...

Popular Posts