Monday, July 25, 2022

Gnaughty or Gnice?

Appropriately enough, I am typing this post on Leon Day (Noel spelled backwards).  This is a day when one of out local radio stations celebrates the fact we are half way to Christmas.  They play carols, give gifts and enjoy other such merriment.  You may want to celebrate by hopping on over to the TCP store to pick up on some items to get you started on your holiday card making. 

 

Sale

 

Now, here are a couple of cards I hope will inspire you to get more of those Christmas cards cooking!

 

Diamond Fold Fancy Christmas card

 

My first card was created using the beautiful Fancy Christmas Digistamps and an oldie but goodie Cutable, Diamond Fold. There is a great assembly video here.  I used a Silhouette to print and cut the card and wreath. You will have to excuse the paper clips used to hold the card closed, I just couldnʻt get it to cooperate for pictures.

 

Closed Diamond Fold Card

 

The wreath and birds were colored with Copic Markers:

YG 61 63, 67

R 17,24,27

Y 35

 

Diamond Fold open

 

Nuvo Bright Gold Crystal Drops were added to the dots on the wreath. A few sequins were added for some shine. The sentiment is from a discontinued TCP stamp set. It was heat embossed and hand cut into a tiny fishtail label.

 

Gnome Peeking card

 

My second card features a favorite, Gnome Peeking Digistamps, Every Day Tags Cutting Files and Lowercase Puffy Alphabet Cutable. I started this card by enlarging the sentiment and again using the Silhouette to print and cut in 2 sizes glued for a layered effect. I love the way it turned out. The “or” sentiment tag was also print and cut using the Puffy letters and Tombstone shaped tag. I stacked several of the tags together and glued them for some dimension and threaded a gold bow through the loop.

The gnomes and their signs were printed and cut, then colored with Copic Markers:

R 17, 24, 27

YG 61, 63, 67

C 00, 1, 3, 5, 7

E 11, 21, 30, 31, 33

Y 23, 24, 26

 

Gnome Peeking card

 

The Gnaughty and Gnice signs were popped up and glued into place on front of the gnomes. The images were placed as shown in the picture. A few sequins were added for some shine.

Here is a rundown of the products I have had the pleasure of using -

 

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful wreath and great fold-great fun card and sentiment with the Gnomes
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Brenda, the fold on the top one is really different.
    Hope you enjoyed your Leon day, never heard of it before.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful Brenda, such fun and I love the idea of Leon Day!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun celebrating there Brenda and I love the your cards, the gnomes card is such fun and those beautiful birds in the wreath are gorgeous, I love the card design..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Little Red Wagon #752 - Congrats

Wednesday has rolled around again, and it's time for a new challenge.  I have to give credit for this challenge to Imke, tho I am hostin...

Popular Posts