Happy New Year, friends! Welcome to the first TCP Tuesday Challenge of 2021. January is usually a kind of grey, dreary month full of chilly and often times sleet and snow. We want to give you a break from that with a Think Spring challenge.
I had a really hard time deciding which set to use, so I decided to go with a technique and chose my stamp set from there. As you can see I was inspired to make a popped up die cut card (opposite of inlaid, right?). I used Big Blooms with a watercolor stamping technique that was just a ton of fun to do.
- This card started with a 3 x 8" watercolor paper panel.
- Ink cubes were used to place colors on the flower stamps chosen, occasionally mixing several colors.
- The stamp was lightly sprayed with water and stamped as shown above.
- Once I completed the watercolored panel, I inlay die cut the Big, Little Alphabet sentiment and popped it up on some black fun foam.
- I made sure to save the small pieces from the P and G to glue in after positioning.
- The die cut panel was adhered to a coordinating cardstock card base.
- The letters were glued to the front of the card.
- The sentiment, Welcome from Year of the Rat, was stamped and glued to the front of the card as shown above.
- Finally, tiny sequin flowers were created using the Spring Confetti mix. The were adhered with glossy accents.
Here is a rundown on the details -We will announce a new challenge monthly on The Cat’s Pajamas blog and don't forget our Facebook page.
To play along, just upload your project to The Cat’s Pajamas blog using the InLinkz button.
You don't have to use a Cat’s Pajamas stamp, digi, die or Stencilz, but if you have them we would love to see them.
On the first day of the new challenge, the winner will be chosen from the previous challenge entries and will receive a Cat Cash Voucher for $50.
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit! Take good care!