With the entrance of September, we have a new TCP Tuesday Challenge for you over at The Cat's Pajamas. This month we want you to share your animal creations and I have to say, TCP has plenty of wonderful images for you to use.
I truthfully had trouble deciding who I should spotlight, but when I saw Bunny with this ice cream (it's been hot here) and the perfect sentiment (cuz we are back in lockdown), here's what happened -
This was fairly quick card to create.
- I stamped the image from Life is Like Ice Cream, colored it with Copic Markers and fussy cut it. I used a piece of craft twine for the cherry stem.
- Next came a bit of distress oxide dripping on a piece of watercolor paper, I though it might look like melted ice cream drops. For this, I put some distress oxide ink (mustard seed, picked raspberry, twisted citron) on a piece of acetate, sprayed it with water to create a small puddle and then let it drip onto the watercolor paper.
- This panel was cut with a stitched rectangle and mounted on a piece of yellow cardstock which was adhered to the (A4) card blank.
- Initially I stamped the sentiment directly on the front panel, but it was one of those days and ended up being crooked (yes, even with my MISTI!!!). So, I stamped the sentiment on a piece of white cardstock, cut it into a flag, mounted it onto a yellow flag cut the same way and adhered it to the card front (over the boo-boo).
- Last of all I mounted the image on foam tape and adhered it in the corner.
We would love to see your animal creations using any of the wonderful TCP animal images, but any brand will do. Here are the details for the challenge -
- We will have a new challenge monthly on The Cat’s Pajamas blog and our Facebook page.
- To play along, just upload your project to The Cat’s Pajamas blog using the InLinkz button.
- You don't have to use a Cat’s Pajamas stamp, digi, die or Stencilz, but if you have them we would love to see them.
- On the first day of the new challenge, the winner will be chosen from the previous challenge entries and will receive a Cat Cash Voucher for $50.I hope you all are doing well.