Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Oops! The Last of Summer

Oh, my goodness!  Where has the month of August gone?  I still can't believe July is done!  I definitely need to somehow catch up.  I just realized I have 2 card from the July Frantic Stamper release, Feels Like Summer, that I never shared.

This first card features the following dies - Scallops Oval (FRA-DIE-10664), Inverted Scalloped Oval (FRA-DI10665), Light House Oval (FRA-DIE-10664) and Nautical Square Knot (FRA-DIE-10664) -


This card started with a white card base with a red and white striped design paper panel.  I usually try to do all my die cutting at one time, so the knots, and all the ovals were die cut.  I took some of the watercolor backgrounds I have been working on and cut a generic oval to fit the back of the Light House Oval.  The light house itself was cut in white, red, yellow, blue and an ombre brown.  The Light House Oval was assembled and the ovals were joined.  The light house was placed on the ovals after placement of all the elements were determined.  The knots were adhered first, then a bit of "netting" from fresh fruit was laid down.  Last of all the ovals were adhered to the middle of the card.  I will add a sentiment when the recipient of the card has been determined.  


 The last card I have for July was a fun one to make.  I created a box card using a cut file and then added the following dies - Mermaid Tail (FRA-DIE-10671), Make a Splash (FRA-DIE-10668), Big Splash (FRA-DIE-10669), Making Waves (FRA-DIE 10667) and Tails and Fins (FRA-DIE-10670) -



The box card was cut with a Silhouette and assembled accordingly.  All the pieces were die cut from beautiful ocean related papers and positioned on the card.  This will be a nice surprise for whoever gets the card.


Well, I think that's it for July, but I have plenty to show you from the August release, so stay tuned.  Be sure to check out Frantic Stamper, it seems as if they have new wonders arriving almost everyday!  Thanks so much for looking!

Aloha,
Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Both great cards love all the die-cuts and texture -love the splashes and tails on the pop-up box card
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two FABulous cards Brenda, I love nautical themes..the light house is fabulous and love the netting in the background and diving dolphins are wonderful in your pop up box card.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Little Red Wagon #753 - Show Us Your Eggs (Easter projects)

  Chrissy is our fab hostess this week over at Little Red Wagon.  Her challenge this week is to "Show Us Your Eggs (or Easter projects)...

Popular Posts