Wednesday, August 10, 2016

What's Your Favorite Flower!

It's time for another As You Like It Challenge.  This fortnight our challenge theme is your favorite flower.  Use your flower on your creation and be sure to let us know why it's your favorite.


This week our sponsor is:

Wild Orchid Crafts



If you've ever seen the cherry blossoms in bloom you know how breathtakingly beautiful they are.  Here my card featuring the sakura or cherry blossom - 



This is another impossible challenge.  I love so many flowers.  I think my very favorites are daisies, but I also love lilacs, orchids, plumeria, sunflowers, pikaki, heirloom roses,anthurium, night blooming cereus...I'd better stop.  I decided to go with the cherry blossom because I really wanted to color this Saturated Canary image, Cherry Blossom.  Besides, some of my precious Japanese sakura washi paper seemed so perfect for her.  I will also post some of the flowers from our yard so you can see why I love them so.  

I can wait how/why you have chosen your favorite flower and how you showcase it.   Be sure to check out the AYLI blog to link up your creation.  While you are there, check out the prize that's up for grabs and take a look at the gorgeous creations the DT made for you!  

Here are some pictures as promised.  All of them except for the night bloomers are from our yard at various times of the year -

anthurium
heliconia

night blooming cereus (not in our yard...yet)

orchid

orchid (this color was not adjusted, it was really that vivid)

plumeria



Thanks for stopping by, I hope your week is going well!

Aloha,
Brenda

Supplies:
Image:  Saturated Canary Cherry Blossom
Paper:  Japanese washi paper, vellum, Colorbok metallic paper
Accessories:  sakura die (not sure who made it), MFT blueprints die, Darice bling, twine
Coloring medium: Copic markers

4 comments:

  1. Those flowers (mostly) from your garden are breathtaking and such gorgeous colours. It's really hard to choose a fave when surrounded by so many beautiful choices I think, but your choice of cherry blossom is a fab one as they are so spectacular en-masse.
    The washi paper is such a perfect choice with the lovely image and the added flowers finish it really elegantly :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card. Lovely oriental feel and colours. Beautiful flowers from your garden. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...floral beauty all around Brenda. Your card is beautiful and you have showcased the cherry blossom perfectly. Your photographs are amazing, what spectacular colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is gorgeous Brenda. I love the image and beautiful colours on your card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #714 - Not A Card

It's time for another CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating something other than a card.  There are a...

Popular Posts