Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Button It Up!


Welcome to the Little Red Wagon challenge #348.  I have hostessing responsibilities and I am looking for a way to use my buttons. I'm not picky, it can be real buttons, stamped buttons or faux buttons.

Here's my card using Papertrey Ink's Button Boutique Stamp Set and Buttoned Up 2 die -

I find this card hilarious!  I want us to use buttons, right?  My love for buttons began a very long time ago when I would dig through my mom's button box looking for the prettiest.  Later, I started going to estate sales with an eye open for lace and buttons even before my scrapping/card making days.  At this point I have several shoe boxes of buttons.  I'm looking for uses for all my treasures and what do I do?  I make buttons out of paper, dies and Glossy Accents!  Oh, my...

I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations.  If you need inspiration, stop in and see what the Girlfriends have to share over at the Little Red Wagon.

Aloha,
Brenda

Supplies:
Sentiment:  Verve Stamps No Matter What
Ink:  Memento London Fog
Paper:  SSS card kit
Accessories:  Wilton Doily, Papertrey Ink Buttoned Up 2 die, Hug Snug wrinkled ribbon (seam binding)

5 comments:

  1. That's funny that your shoe boxes full of buttons didn't make the cut for your card! Your handmade buttons are gorgeous and do look just perfect. Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I'm giggling along with you here because I have been doing just the same thing recently and making faux buttons with layered die cuts and heat embossing...as if I don't have tons of proper buttons - lol!
    Your card is super cute and a great way to showcase your pretty faux buttons and lovely stitching... and it's perfectly pink too...LOVE this :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, too funny! Though I might not have know these weren't "real" buttons if you hadn't mentioned it. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, your card is just adorable....so adorable that I practically CASE'd your card myself, not realizing it! Anyway, it's on the LRW blog and I gave you credit because your beautiful creation must have stuck in my mind! Thanks for your wonderful inspiration, and all the work you do at LRW...I just love their challenges and wish I could play along more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet. Reminds me of going shopping with my Grandma for buttons for the sweaters she used to knit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #714 - Not A Card

It's time for another CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating something other than a card.  There are a...

Popular Posts