Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Dress Rehearsal

I have had a couple weeks off work recuperating from some eye surgery.  I have had activity restrictions, but a Copic marker weighs way less than 5 pounds so I have had fun doing some extra, joyful coloring.  I wanted to share a card I made.  The free image, Dress Rehearsal, offered by A Day For Daisies was just too beautiful to ignore.  I love ballerinas and I think this one in particular is so lovely and elegant.  Challenge 148 was to use vellum on your project. 

Here's my card:


I printed the image on vellum and colored on the opposite side with Copic markers.  I decided to make is a simple shaker.  I love the way the little iridescent stars look in real life.  I used some wonky machine stitching to close it up.  I added some score lines on the card base and a little glitter glue to her skirt.  I will leave the sentiment for the inside once I have a use for this card.

I would like to share my card in the following challenges  -
A Day For Daisies - Challenge 148, use vellum

Supplies:
Image:  ADFD Dress Rehearsal
Paper:  DCWV Vellum, Mohawk Color Copy
Accessories:  Pretty Pink Posh Sequins and tiny stars, Copic Markers, Studio G glitter glue, sewing thread

4 comments:

  1. I adore your project - the colored vellum shaker element is a fantastic and creative idea - thanks for joining us at A Day for Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and graceful. I hope your recovery has been quick and complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, the stitching is so effective! Thanks for adding vellum and entering our challenge at A Day for Daisies! We'd love to see you again.
    Love
    Jen Leeflang
    ADFD DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. The sequins thru the vellum is wonderful. thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Little Red Wagon #753 - Show Us Your Eggs (Easter projects)

  Chrissy is our fab hostess this week over at Little Red Wagon.  Her challenge this week is to "Show Us Your Eggs (or Easter projects)...

Popular Posts